Scribner at SimonSays, official publisher's site
Welcome to the site for Eric Arnold's First Big Crush, the
nonfiction book that will make you think
differently about wine and the people who
produce it - not to mention all those people who
sound like such assholes when they talk about
Reading First Big Crush won't
make you a wine expert, but you probably won't
sound like an asshole when you talk about
wine. If you do, just read the book again.
SHORTLISTED FOR THE 2007 ANDRE SIMON BOOK AWARDS
Here's what folks are saying:
"Beyond just educating about wine from dirt to bottle."
- Madelyn Feldman (San Francisco Chronicle)
- "Arnold is an everyman with a voice for explaining things in an entertaining light ... Arnold doesn't just know what he's writing about, he's quite honestly earned the right to write it."
- Jason Neubauer (Playback St. Louis)
"You'll laugh, you'll learn"
- M. Zane Grey (www.winecanine.com)
"My new love affair is with Eric Arnold ...
This is a 'must read' book."
- Jo Diaz (www.wine-blog.com)
"A colorful, laugh-out-loud funny account.
- Marisa DVari (blogcritics.org)
"I found myself falling in love with the spirit of the Kiwis as well as the spirits they create.
- Beth Case (The Wine School of Philadelphia)
"This is good, fun stuff!
- Tom Wark (Fermentation)
"...a ribald tale of a year's worth of winemaking (and getting drunk) in New Zealand that would make Chaucer proud.
- Tyler Colman, aka Dr. Vino (DrVino.com)
"Accessible, insightful and refreshingly free of any of the b.s.
- Jeff Lefevere (Good Grape: A Wine Manifesto)